Brexit : Kent Pass Permit – UK – EU

With the aim of helping haulers and truck drivers ensure that they have the correct documents, the UK government is developing a new web service, called “Check an HGV is Ready to Cross the Border” (the service) for the “Roll on Roll off” (RoRo) freight sector.

At the end of the transition period, the service will be introduced for RoRo freight leaving the UK bound for the EU and will ensure that only vehicles with the correct customs and import/export documentation for EU.

Following a public consultation, the UK government will make the use of the web service a legal obligation for heavy goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes which intend to travel from the UK.

The service will issue a Kent Pass Permit digitally – required ONLY when leaving the UK for the EU – for each HGV for which the required information has been provided correctly.

In accordance with the law, all trucks must have a valid permit before arriving at Eurotunnel from January 1, 2021

Share this article...