The European Commission’s control plan is not binding for EU countries (must be incorporated by EU countries into their national legislation). However, the recommendations should be taken seriously.
The European Commission recommends:
- Lorry driver carrying any type of goods on a professional basis should be able to use unnecessary procedures “Green Lane” border crossings;
- Additional border crossing procedures related to COVID-19 should be avoided and streamlined to what is strictly necessary. Drivers of freight vehicles should not be asked to produce any document other than their identification and driving licence ;
- exclusion of drivers from quarantine and curfew restrictions;
- recognition in all EU countries of the European certificate for international transport worker, the so-called Annex III, attached.
- guaranteeing drivers access to petrol stations, sanitary facilities and restaurants
- avoid of physical contact with drivers during roadside checks and wider use of electronic instruments and docks
- suspension of rules on driving and rest times
- revision and application Omnibus Regulation on the extension of the validity of documents, including driving licenses or periodic examinations.
Move Expert will always provide you with the latest news about changes in the transport area.
We invite you to visit our Posting of drivers service page.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information.