GERMANY – The German MILOG Minimum Wage Act (Mindestlohngesetz – MiLoG) entered into force on 1st January 2015 and applies to foreign carriers carrying out transport, cabotage and/or secondment operations in Germany. According to Article 16, foreign companies must send a prior declaration attesting to the deployment of drivers in Germany before the start of the operation and provide posted employees with the same working conditions and remuneration as German workers. It is not mandatory to appoint a representative in Germany.
AUSTRIA – The Austrian law LSDB against wage and social dumping (LSDB-G – Lohn- und Sozialdumping-Bekämpfungsgesetz) entered into force on 1st January 2017 and concerns foreign hauliers carrying out transport or cabotage operations in Austria or seconding employees to Austria. In accordance with Article 19 (3), companies based abroad are obliged to send a prior declaration of the deployment of their drivers to Austria before the commencement of any activity or service and to provide posted workers in Austria with the same working conditions and remuneration as Austrian workers. Austrian law does not imply for the obligation to appoint a representative in Austria.
ITALIAN law DISTACCO refers to Decree 136/2016 of 17.07.2016. All foreign drivers carrying out cabotage and/or secondment operations in Italy (but not international transport operations from or to Italy) are concerned by this law, which requires the prior transmission of information to the Italian Ministry of Labour. This new law also obliges the road haulier to appoint an Italian representative. The purpose of this decree is to verify that the working conditions and remuneration of foreign employees are the same as those of Italian employees.
Companies carrying out own-account transport of goods (as mentioned on the NACE code) or carriers of goods or persons in transit in the foreign country (without loading or delivery of goods or with “closed doors” for coaches) are not affected by these laws.
Always in contact with international road hauliers, associations and national authorities, we have been acting as official representative to the authorities since the entry into force of these laws and we have now acquired experience that enables us to assist you in any preliminary procedure and in case of control by the authorities. With more than 25 years of expertise, MOVE EXPERT is recognized as a key partner of international carriers and transport associations in Europe. Our philosophy is to help carriers to increase their productivity while reducing costs, thanks to a wide range of services.
1. By becoming your official representative if required by the national law.
2. By creating an account in your name on the websites of national administrations.
3. By generating your certificates via the official platforms and making them available by email and on your personal space in our dedicated applications. (exclusive feature by MOVE EXPERT)
4. By ensuring the management and archiving of all the documents, according to the provisions in force in each country.
5. By cooperating with the authorities in the event of a control.
6. By answering to all your questions about these laws through an experienced and multilingual customer service.
– Automatic creation of all your certificates at no extra cost
– Online management of your account and certificates
– A reliable representative in regular frequent contact with French authorities
– Attentive and responsive customer service
PHONE: +33 (0)4 42 99 11 11