In January 2020 the Denmark announced to the all transport sector that form 1st of January 2021 all drivers who carry out freight or passenger transport in Denmark must be paid a salary equivalent to that of the national road transport industry (the minimum wage law). This applies to the foreign transport companies also when cabotage or when combined transport is performed.
According to the last official information, the minimum hourly rate for drivers for transporting of goods is 164,96 DKK (22,14 EUR) and minimum hourly rate for drivers for transporting of passengers is 163,92 DKK (22 EUR).
Prior to each trip, all foreign transport companies must notify to the Danish Business Authorities via the register for “foreign Transport in Denmark” (UTIK) all Cabotage or combined transport activities in Denmark.
The following information will have to be declared:
- Company name, address and contact information.
- Information of mode of transport, route, loading and unloading points
- Vehicle registration number
- Date of beginning and end of driving
- The identity and contact details of the driver(s) performing the trip
- What type of driving is performed
The UTIK register for reporting those activities is expected to be ready in the beginning of December.
In case of the control performed by national authorities, the driver is obliged to present:
- Registration in UTIK
- Driver labor contract
- Pay slips (or other documentation with equivalent information, where it is possible to see the method of calculating the wage of the transport, for the period during which the driver in question has within the past year)
- Working hour statements for the driver for the same periods as the documentation for pay/remuneration.
Failure to register requested activities by a foreign carrier may result in a fine of 10,000 DKK (1342 EUR). All controls and fines will be introduced from the very beginning of the implementation of the minimum wage law, so there will be no solidarity period.
Move Expert always provides you the newest information regarding Posting of drivers.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or you can request for our Posting services here.
MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER WITH MOVE EXPERT.