As already announced earlier, Denmark requires to report all cabotage and road part of combined transport operations in Denmark since 1st of January 2021. The grace period was set till 1st of April 2021 when all companies were just consulted for not having right documents. After the end of the grace period transport companies will be fined for not registering their operations in Danish system.
What do you need to know about this new Danish law regarding minimum wages?
From 1st January 2021, new declaration rules apply for the execution of freight cabotage, bus cabotage and the road part of combined transport in Denmark. It means that foreign transport companies must declare their posted drivers when companies carry out cabotage with goods where the total permissible total weight of the vehicle or lorry exceeds 3,500 kg, bus cabotage or the road part of combined transport in Denmark, as well as remunerate them according to the Danish minimum wages for these operations.
When shall you report an operation in Denmark?
At the latest at the same time as the journey begins.
Is International transport covered by the law?
No. Only when performing cabotage or the road part of combined transport in Denmark are the drivers required to notify the journey and to provide documentation upon request.
Do self-employed drivers have to report their operations in this system?
No. Neither the salary or notification requirements applies to self-employed haulers.
What hourly rates you should apply for the calculations of salary for spent time in Denmark?
- The minimum hourly rate for remuneration of drivers who perform cabotage with goods or the road part of combined transport is DKK 163.50.
- The minimum hourly rate for remuneration of drivers who perform bus cabotage is DKK 163.30.
- The minimum hourly rate for remuneration of drivers who perform tourist driving is DKK 168.60.
The rates are updated at least once a year. The first adjustment will be made on March 1st 2021.
What documents are required during road control check?
The following documents are to be provided upon request:
- Notification/documentation of registration/notification.
- Employment contract for the driver.
- Pay slips or other documentation with similar information, where it is possible to see the method for calculating wages for transport, for the periods during which the driver of the relevant company, within the last year has performed cabotage with goods, bus cabotage or combined transport.
- Working time statement for the driver or other equivalent documentation for the same period as the documentation for remuneration and proof of salary payment.
- Freight documents, transport contracts or control documents for the same period as documentation for remuneration.